To kick things off for the year, let’s embark on our first Challenge of 2024 together! (See more context about what’s to come in our Welcome to 2024 post!)
This year, we’re looking forward to launching more exciting challenges in this forum. Through Challenges, we aim to encourage things like:
- sharing knowledge
- challenging ourselves to problem-solve
- recognizing folks for the time they spend here and the gifts (of knowledge, creative solutions, empathy, and cool Retool-related inspiration) they offer here
- and just having fun together!
So this month, during our Retool Resolution Roundtable challenge, we’ll be recognizing all community members who provide at least 3 verified solutions to other forum questions between January 8 - February 9!
This is a different kind of "New Year's Resolution" - the type of Resolution that happens when we collaboratively share Retool-related Solutions here on the forum
Why focus on solutions?
- When you share your Retool expertise to resolve another community member’s question, you not only help the person who posted the question, but hundreds of builders who will see your solution in this public, searchable forum going forward!
- If just 1 out of every 3 monthly active members of this community forum contributed 1 solution to a forum topic per month, that would solve all of the questions created here each month. (The activity! The “aha” moments! The gratitude, unblocked technical hurdles, and community vibes! So many timely, useful learning moments captured and searchable going forward!) We want to recognize our growing group of folks who regularly solve fellow builders’ questions
- With the idea of this event as a “Roundtable” of many contributors, we’re excited to recognize a wide pool of folks who share a handful of solutions, rather than solely focus on the top 3 who share the relative top number of solutions.
The Challenge levels:
The Community Contributor award:
- For all community members who provide between 3-4 marked solutions, posted on any forum thread between January 8-Feb 9th.
- Receive a custom Community Contributor badge honoring your contributions this month, and we’ll give you a shoutout!
The Hat Tip award:
- For all community members who provide between 5-9 marked solutions, posted on any forum thread between January 8-Feb 9th.
- Receive $200 in Retool credits*, a custom Hat Tip enamel pin in the mail, and a custom Hat Tip badge here in the forum!
The ToolTip Tactician award:
- For all community members who provide between 10-14 marked solutions, posted on any forum thread between January 8-Feb 9th.
- Receive $500 in Retool credits*, a (surprise) Retool swag item, and a ToolTip Tactician badge here in the forum!
The Golden Giver award:
- For all community members who provide at least 15 marked solutions, posted on any forum thread between January 8-Feb 9th.
- Receive $1000 in Retool credits*, a custom plaque commemorating one of your forum comments, and a Golden Giver badge here in the forum! We may throw in some swag too
*credits expire in 1 year on Feb 12, 2025. Credit prize can be applied to the Team or Business plan purchased self-service via credit card. Alternative prize available if credits aren’t applicable.
The Community Builder of the month:
- We’ve been recognizing Community Builders for their empathetic contributions here in the forum, beginning with @dcartlidge (recognized in our final update on the August Challenge), then more recently @PatrickMast (October) and @Oscar_Ortega (November). Congrats again and thank you to all of you!
- Each month, and of course continuing this month, we're keeping an eye out for community builders who embody the kind of empathy, collaborative problem-solving, and learning our community is all about. We want to recognize you for the way you show up to our community!
Looking forward to seeing your collaboration and Re-Solutions on the forums this month!