πŸπŸ† November ToolTips roundup πŸ†πŸ

:tada: Top Ten

Time to celebrate the users who have earned the most ToolTips from Nov 1 to Nov 30. You can learn more about our ToolTips system here and check out our global leaderboard to see your ToolTips throughout all of time, from the past week, past month etc.

Thank you to :1st_place_medal: @agaitan026 (congrats on moving up from 5th last month), :2nd_place_medal: @ScottR (2nd time in the top 3), :3rd_place_medal: @Oscar_Ortega (a new challenger), @PatrickMast, @dcartlidge, @bradlymathews, @pyrrho, @mdsmith1, @Rati_Bakhtadze, @Skizhu!

You all make the forums welcoming, helpful and fun and it's genuinely such a delight seeing your names as we go through our days.

:star2: Special Highlight: @Oscar_Ortega, Rookie of the Month

Oscar, you just joined us on Nov 10 and you've already had 21 marked solutions, given 72 likes, received 46 likes and wrote 126 comments. That takes an incredible amount of effort, especially in such a short time and being so new to our community. Your engagement and helpfulness do not go unnoticed!

Thank you for helping users understand the Filter component, replying until users get their question answered and adding +1's to feature requests to help us prioritize effectively.

Looking forward to seeing you around and we're very glad you're here.

:wave: Fin

See y'all on the forums and at next month's roundup!

P.S. Giving @bradlymathews an honorary mention for enlightening us about his grandmother's raspberry sour cream pie during office hours (I just bought raspberries to try making it) and @Roland_Alden for coming to office hours so regularly! Always a pleasure :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

@victoria ,

Got my brother to turn Grandma Zada's notes into a more polished recipe (and let Chat GPT punch up the language a tad :grin:)

Creamy Vanilla Raspberry Pie

Filling:
Using a hand mixer, combine the following ingredients until smooth and well-blended:

• 3.4 oz box of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Slightly less than one cup milk

Raspberry Topping:
In a saucepan, simmer the following ingredients until the mixture thickens:

• 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries
  • 1 tbsp agave syrup (adjust to taste)
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice (adjust to taste - you want the topping to be pretty tangy/sour to balance the sweetness of the vanilla filling.)
  • 1.25 tbsp cornstarch

Assembly:

1. Prepare a pie crust of your choice (handmade flour crust works best).
  2. Fill the crust with the creamy vanilla filling.
  3. Add a generous ~1/4-inch layer of the raspberry topping over the filling.
  4. Refrigerate the pie until it sets.

Enjoy this delightful Creamy Vanilla Raspberry Pie as a perfect combination of velvety vanilla goodness and the bright, tangy flavor of raspberries.

If anyone uses this, make sure to credit Grandma Zada!

9 Likes

Top 10!!!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: let's go party !!

7 Likes

too many loops in your recipe :cold_sweat:

Loops?

Hello everyone! Thank you for the Special Highlight! Unfortunately, I'll be less active than I have been as there have been changes in plans. I appreciate having been a part of this community, so kind and eager to support each other, giving their best to clarify others' doubts. The Retool team also deserves a Special Highlight for all they have achieved! Thanks for your likes and kind words. :smile: :+1:

• Oscar
5 Likes

I think he got stuck in the well known infinite loop bug, resulting in no more pie :yum:

2 Likes

Following up here, @bradlymathewsβ€”thank you and your brother for sharing Grandma Zada's recipe with us! Y'all are as nice as pie. :pie:

We made two pies to share with the team at Retool's Holiday Party last night and they were a hit!

:camera_flash: Some of the Support team! From left to right, Kayla (Community Support Eng manager), Chris (Core Support Eng), Blake (Core Support Eng), me (Community Support Eng), Alex (Support Eng manager, originally an active user on the forums), David (CEO), and Paulo (the newest Community Support Eng hire! You'll see him on the forums very soon :eyes: :tada:)

:camera_flash: An action shot

:camera_flash: A close-up shot

:camera_flash: And lastly, some very high praise sent over Slack this morning

Thank you again, Brad, Brad's brother and Grandma Zada, a name mentioned and thanked many times yesterday evening. :heart:

13 Likes

Wow, I am so happy you all enjoyed it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Ey good vibes as always, congrats to all you guys and @bradlymathews ey send some pies over dhl or fedex to my country Panama :slight_smile: will try that recipe, i love deserts with some coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes