Password Problem

Somehow my password to Retool got contaminated and would not work anymore.
I then went through the steps a number of times and finally got a new password that would let me enter the Retool Environment but all my code is gone.

How do I get connected to my code that I have built over the last 5 years.

Mike

Summary

After a Retool password stopped working and was reset multiple times, a new password now grants access to a Retool workspace, but all apps/code built over the last ~5 years appear to be missing.

AI Response

This pattern almost always means the new login is landing in a different (or newly created) organization than the one that holds the original apps, rather than the apps actually being deleted. Records show more than one Cloud organization is associated with this email address, so the missing work is most likely still intact under the original organization. Log out completely, then sign back in and — when prompted — carefully select the original organization/subdomain (not a newly created one); if a password reset created a second account, the apps will not appear in that new one. Confirming which organization the apps live in and logging into that specific one is the key step to restore access to the existing work.

Sources

:bookmark: Account Unexpectedly Archived
A solved case where being logged out and prompted to create a new account on re-login caused existing apps to disappear — resolved by getting back into the correct original account.
:bookmark: Somehow, 2 accounts associated with my email
Directly corroborates the situation of a single email being tied to two separate accounts/organizations, which explains why previously built apps appear to be gone after logging in.

The Community Team is testing out a new automation. Let us know if it's helpful (or not) by leaving a :heart:, :+1:, or :-1:. Or by marking this post as the "Solution"! Let us know if you have any feedback here. :rocket:

Hi @mdsmith1!

Sorry to hear that you cannot access your code at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:

Just to check with you, I noticed in our system that your email is associated with more than one Retool organization - would it be possible that your code is saved in another account?

Feel free to DM me about your account details since it is sensitive information. Happy to continue the conversation there!

-Jen

Jen, I have tried all 3 organizations with a new Password and nothing works.
Mike

Hi @mdsmith1 , when you say you are not seeing your code, are you seeing a blank page? Your Apps list is missing? If you could provide more details or a screenshot, this will help me.

Also, I found an organization that you were using with the most recent activity from yesterday, but in the audit logs I do not see a login since then. I'm not sure if you have tried logging in today.

I went ahead and triggered a 'reset password' for you - could you look in your email and follow the steps to reset your password to try to gain access to this account again?

-Jen

I might get in to Retool in 1 out of 10 attempts but when I get in the list of apps is zero.

I got your request for reset but when I enter the 2 new passwords that match but it gives an error message that the entries are invalid.

Mike

Jen:

I have been out for 3 days.
I have submitted a ticket.
When can I expect to have this fixed?

Mike

Hi @mdsmith1!

Sorry to hear that you are still having login issues - I was able to track down your submitted tickets and I have asked the Support team to follow up with you within the day :slight_smile:

Hope you can get a resolution soon!

-Jen

Jen:

I ran the virus scan and it has started to work now. I have to click on the first organization and it then lets me in. And I can see all of my apps. This is all good.

The only thing is I don't know which password it is using. If I key in my new Password, it doesn't work.

Is there some what of determining my current Password?

Mike

Hi @mdsmith1!

I just sent you a private message on here with your login link!

For the future, we recommend directly logging into your organization instead of selecting your organization from a list.

If you are having trouble using your new password, there may be a mistype or typo somewhere that was saved, and you may have to do the password reset again to ensure that it matches.

Hope this helps!

-Jen

Jen the link you gave me is what I have been using all along and it is now working,

The only problem is I don't know my password. The only way I can determine my password is to use the Password Reset function. Unfortunately the Reset Password does not work for me. I enter 2 passwords that match and it says the Passwords are invalid.

Mike

Hi @mdsmith1! Hm, interesting - I sent you a private DM about sending over a screenshot of the invalid error that you are seeing. Could you send this to me in DM so I can take a look?

Thanks!
-Jen

Jen:

I can only do the password reset if the system sends me a link to Password reset.

I can do this myself.

Mike

Hey @mdsmith1 - just confirming that you're all set here!

Darren:
Your password people have a ticket on this and are working on it.

This can be taken out of the Community Forum.

Mike

1 Like