How to fix each column width in a table

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

Noting that we've made some related updates mentioned here and here. Wanted to cross-post in case some folks here find that added functionality useful!

This thread is still tracking interest in the open feature request for user defined, persistent table column widths in the new table component. We've been noting down each +1 here on the related internal request for our eng team, so they're aware of the number of folks interested. Thanks for letting us know here that this would be useful to your Retool use cases :bowing_woman: We'll update here with anything new!

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

+1

I found a temp hack which kind of resolves the issues untill we have an official one. This worked in my usecase, so sharing it for anyone in need.

I added this in css in App Settings > Custom CSS (replace the table name with yours)

[data-testid="RetoolGrid:tableNameGoesHere"] [data-testid="TableWrapper::ScrollableContainer"] [role="rowheader"] [data-testid^="HeaderResizer"] {
    display: none !important;
}
2 Likes

+1

+1

+1

Important note - please add options for (it's been asked before in the thread):

• Fixed width (in px)
  • Set percentage
  • "Fit to fill" (or something similar, like full expand)
  • a great upgrade would be "width in characters", to cut off the tail and show (...)
2 Likes

+1

This post is almost two years old. Has saving column widths been fully addressed yet? It's a pain for our users to set up their view how they like it only to lose the column widths...

1 Like

Exactly! Its been 2 years and still not resolution, this is sad :frowning:

+1

+1