Hi all—we’ve rebuilt the Table component to prioritize ease, customizability, and scale out-of-the-box.
The new Table is capable of rendering, updating, and scrolling through hundreds of thousands of rows – and hundreds of columns with diverse data types fast.
It also delivers deeper customizability:
Data manipulation (filtering, sorting, pagination) works out-of-the-box and can be configured client- or server-side
- New in v2: nested filtering, multi-column sort, advanced filtering & sorting
Reliability is built in
- New in v2: Apply a primary key, and the Table will accurately maintain state (like row selection, or changeSet) through complex filters, sorts, and pagination operations
Advanced configuration options
- New in v2: configuring Tag (dropdown/multiselect) columns is more intuitive with an option list editor; column-level event handlers and toolbar actions provide more opportunities to take action on table data.
- New in v2: redesigned action buttons, more intelligent defaults (including column width and type), cell captions, column header tooltips
- New in v2: Editable cell interactions are improved and keyboard navigation with cell selection is smoother
The new Table is available today in Retool, replacing our previous Table. Existing customers can continue to use and edit the legacy Table. Read more on the blog post or visit the docs to get started.