Remove 'view in the retool app' banner?

Is there any way to permanently hide the banner that says "View in the Retool app for a better experience" as this might get confusing for our users when we send them to the URL of the app.

2 Likes

+1 to this

Hello @Sam_Hankin!

I believe white labeling apps is a feature for our enterprise user, you can read more about all the features included and how to do so here on our docs.

Hi Jack - it's not about whitelisting, it's removing the annoying popup/full screen thing that appears when you access a mobile app via the browser... there's a full screen one that appear on first login too.

Ah yes I see, thank you for the clarification @Sam_Hankin!

I believe the work around for this use case where you want your users to access your app on a mobile browser without needing to go through the app would be to have your app built as a web app with the settings set to allow for the app on mobile.

That toggle is in the settings here

I can also make a feature request for a toggle as well. We definitely prefer for mobile users to access apps via a Retool App over the mobile browser for a number of reasons.

Are there any details you could share on why you need them to use the browser over the app?

Thanks for your reply @Jack_T.

I like the mobile layout - simple and easy to use - as it's going to be used on a mobile device, but I'll have a look at the web version on mobile.

In terms of why the browser needs to be used... the app I'm building is being used by our team out in the field on managed devices that do not allow installation of apps. Currently the only way we can give them access is via the browser - so it isn't useful when it keeps telling them to install the app when they can't!

If you could request a toggle to disable the warning that would be extremely useful. (The landing page when first logging in and the banner)

Thank you for the details!

Totally understand. I hope web version on mobile can help and I will submit that feature request :+1:

+1