New table component missing features from legacy table

We use cell highlighting (in its prior form) extensively in our application. We like it and would like to keep using it.

I agree with the other individual that we are using Retool because we like the features. If the features go away it not only reduces the benefit of what we thought we were buying but makes us wonder what other features could be eliminated in the future.

I really like Retool and appreciate all you are doing to keep it running. Just giving feedback as one user.

2 Likes

I'm keen to know when the new table cell background colouring feature will be available. We use it to distinguish related columns and visually quickly see that they are grouped together in our pricing system. Example below:

UK Cost, UK Mark Up, UK Price = Green
Dealer Cost, Dealer Mark Up, Dealer Price = Orange
Euro Cost, Euro Mark Up, Euro Price = Blue

1 Like

@mstevenson hello, it's available now in new table. pls just try it.

Pretty sure I'm running into the same issue in that my dropdown options don't seem to be updating/filtering dynamically based on the row we're working with. We use this extensively in several areas of the tool.

Going to have to stick to the legacy table for now until the new table component supports legacy functionality.

@AnsonHwang I have updated to the latest version of on-premise Retool (3.4.2) and the table column Appearance options don't appear to be any different to our previous version? Could you advise please.

It's add to cloud 3.5 only 21 july. If you self host maybe you need some time.

Hello everyone! There are a lot of different conversations going on in this one thread, I'm going to lock it for now so that things don't get lost. If you have a particular question about something that was brought up in this thread could you please make a new one and link back here? Hopefully, that will make things a bit more searchable for people, and it will also help us keep track of the issues folks are running into.

This has been an amazing thread of tons of really good feedback and we appreciate all of your contributions! I know not everything requested has been resolved (including the feature you're referencing @skyler), I'll post updates here when more features get added :slightly_smiling_face:

As @AnsonHwang mentioned, background colors are indeed now available on cloud and should be coming to self-hosted soon!

3 Likes