Environment switcher for endusers

Definitely! Your org is ready for end users to switch environments! :sunglasses:

Paulo We too need this env switcher for regular users on our account. :pray:

Hi @Edo_Mor_Facer, welcome to the forum! :wave:
I just activated it for your org. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Paulo !

Can you please enable it for our org, too?

Thanks!
Ricardo

1 Like

Done! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please enable this flag for our org

You got it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi folks,

We've enabled the ability to edit this on cloud under the "Beta" settings page. The toggle you're looking for is "Viewer environments toggle" and should now be visible on cloud organizations.

Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes

Hi @Paulo! is it possible to enable this for "users" not just "viewers" ? That would be really helpful for my team

Hi @steevm! By default, admins and editors can change the environment, as long as the resources used within the app have the desired environment enabled. This feature makes it possible for viewers to do so. Viewers in this case refers to any user without edit access, not the "Viewers" permission group specifically. In other words, everyone would be able to switch environments once this setting is enabled.

Hi @Paulo
In our retool account, we are not able to switch environments for regular users. Can you please enable the same for our organization.

Thanks and Regards,
Akhil Mathew

Hi @akhilmathew, if you are on Cloud you should be able to see the settings under the Beta settings page. Look for the "Viewer environments toggle." If you are Self-hosted, what version are you on?

@Paulo I had switched the Viewer environments toggle to on but still the viewer is not able to switch the environment on apps. Also I want to feature for all end users.

Have we enabled other environments for our Resources?

If we haven't yet, we may need to create an environment under our org settings.

Hi @Paulo, I have already created multiple environments under org settings and I have enabled the beta settings of the viewer environment toggle. Currently, only users with admin and editor privileges can switch environments.

Interesting! Feel free to join us during Office Hours today at 11am PST or next week (we are not hosting it this Thursday because of the holiday), we're happy to take a look at what could be causing this. If you can't make it, I'm also happy to continue helping you on this thread.

The next place to check is Branding settings:

We need to show the menu for end-users to be able to access the different environments:

If we have it hidden or "Powered by Retool" they won't have the option:

Note: This one is not clickable.

Thanks a lot @Paulo , It is working now after changing the branding settings.

You are welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: