Debug bar as an app setting

Hiya!

Recently noticed there is no way to turn off the debug console even in preview mode.

We have a lot of non technical users who simply aren't interested in this. (especially the debug tool modal).

Would love a way to toggle this section off.

Thanks!

They can turn it off for you apparently, haven't had mine removed yet but its in the works.

Hi folks, Retool designer here. We do already hide the debug modal for viewers. They should not see any error related information. Basically these two things are not visible for viewers:

1. The black header you see at the top of the screen.
  2. The status bar at the bottom of the screen.

We are actively working on making this more clear for editors. If you have any suggestions or feedback please let us know!

Hey Maya! Thanks for this :slight_smile: Sorry if my post caused a bit of confusion.

For some of our environments, we require non technical users to access 'staging'. Currently, there isn't a way to expose this to users without enabling 'edit' mode. This means that for these users that require staging, they can see this bar. This causes a problem for those who need staging.

Agree on that this isn't shown to all users and apologize if I made it sound like that!

Thank you for the clarification Joey! To make sure I understand your use case, do you just want your end users to access the staging environment alone, or do you actually want them to access all environments and have full control over which one to use?

I would like there to be an option to change environment without edit access and ultimately without the debug bar :wink:

1 Like