Using iOS classes, reading QR codes

Hi there!
I'm a newbie but with big ambitions)

1. I want read QR-codes from app
  2. And I want install eSIM profile on iOS using Apple Developer Documentation

Can I do it with retool?

Hey molescenko - welcome to the community!
There's a built-in component for scanning QR codes;
https://docs.retool.com/docs/retool-mobile-component-library#scanner

Installing eSIM profiles is not possible with Retool Mobile. Retool Mobile is designed and intended for internal apps, not public distributed apps (although possible), so it would be very helpful if you can add a tad more context to what you're trying to achieve so that we can guide you in the right direction :-).

Jonathan

Thx Jonathan!
Unfortunately, I want create public App in App Store :slight_smile: It is my first experience, I am not a developer, and want use no-code system like retool )

But If I understand, I can not do it. Retool Mobile apps available only in Retool app after signing in?

Just to clarify, Retool is a low-code tool, not a no-code tool, so if you have no prior coding experience, I'd recommend you getting familiar with basic Javascript to give yourself a better understanding of what's going on in your deployments :-).

Also, it is possible to make a public-facing Retool Mobile app, but it's not what it's build for, so you'll run into a bunch af various issues.

Working with special sensitive hardware-interacting handlers such as Apple Wallet for payment cards, eSIMs etc generally requires a deep implementation, and Retool Mobile and similar tools will very rarely result in an acceptable solution for your end-users, the platform (i.e. Apple's App Store), or your business.

It would (still) be very helpful if you can add a tad more context to what you're trying to achieve so that we can guide you in the right direction :-).

Jonathan

"Retool is a low-code tool" — it's about me ) I have an experience with JS and making processes

About what I want to achieve.
I have an idea to make an application "Esim Wallet". User can save all his eSIMs by scanning the QR-code, add the comment and additional data.
At the same time, Apple allows to install eSIM by click on the button with class from first message.
User can install eSIM native, or he can share esim by generated QR code
This my idea)

Hey molescenko! Retool Mobile wouldn't be a right fit for this use case at all :-).

For iOS I'd also recommend you to check up if this is how Apple eSIMs work. I'm saying this, because as far as I'm aware the eSIMs are only able to be activated once, and if you remove an eSIM to activate another, you can't simply re-scan your QR code (or deploy the same eSIM ICCID). I'm saying this because my own carrier sent me two different QR codes in case the first one failed during deployment, as they could only be used once.

Hope you have a good time learning and building!

Jonathan