Where is the QR Code component for mobile?

Hi Team,

first of all, thank you for your fantastic tool and work. I am building an app which needs to display a QRCode on a mobile, so that another user can scan it. In desktop you have the QR component available but it is missing on mobile.

Is there any chance to make it available to mobile as well? I assume you thought it does not make sense to have it on mobile, but I think it does for a lot of applications (ticketing, payment,...)

Would love to see it available for mobile as well.

Thanks for consideration,
Jens

Hi @studioRAYY - welcome to the forum! And appreciate the positive feedback about our product and the team's work -- I'll pass it along to our engineers internally :slight_smile:

To display a QR code, we don't have a specific component built out for this on Retool Mobile, but we do have the Image component and perhaps you could combine using that with a third party site like https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?size=150x150&data=Example . I haven't personally used or vetted that particular service, so it's not an official recommendation, but it seems relevant! Worth testing out on your side. If the QR code you want to display can be accessed with an API call like that, or a Base64-encoded file, you should be able to display it with the image component!