SmartQuery Temperature Settings?

Hi,

I am creating a simple app that runs Smart Query prompts on my data for analysis. I want to be able to export the prompt for later use outside of retool.

What is the default temperature for SmartQueries run by retool? Knowing this would help me use the prompt outside of retool.

Also, is there a way to adjust the temperature setting?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi @Brandon_Junus, I am an engineer at Retool. Smart Queries are deprecated. You should use AI Actions! We recently introduced a feature that actually allows you to set the temperature of your AI queries. It will be available on version 3.21.

1 Like

Oh cool thanks for getting back to me, I'll give it a try. I've been poking around the UI a bit, where do you set the temperature?

Hello @Brandon_Junus! If you are on the cloud version of Retool, you should see the temperature setting in the query editor portion of Retool AI! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Hi @francis12 ,

Are we able to set the temperature for Retool AI with the "Generate chat response" Action?

Hi @brianzjj! I don't believe we currently support this. I'll file an internal feature request, though.

At this point, the "Generate chat response" feature derives responses directly from the input and message history. For now, you can use the Generate Text action if you're seeking more control over language generation!

@brianzjj Exciting update! We now allow users to set the temperature in the "Generate chat response" action :smiley: :tada: It'll likely go live with our next Cloud release, which should happen 2-3 weeks from now (since we're on a deployment freeze over the holidays). Thank you for your feedback here :raised_hands: