Not getting the correct response in passing variables in REST API loop in workflow

I have a very weird issue I am facing. I have this resource of Rest API. I want to use it in a loop block in a workflow to get the necessary data.

When I set up the workflow loop block and pass the URL params as a variable, the response I get is just message.

In the same loop block, if instead of variables I pass actual values, then it works perfectly.

I tried to just use the resource directly out of the loop block and in there, the variables also work fine.

Can anyone please help me understand what I am doing wrong and how to fix this?

A few of us are having the same issue with loops and using value/index.

@Tess from Retool is having the team look into it.

Thanks @Jessica_D

@Tess is there any ETA on this?

Bumped this internally—will keep this thread updated once we hear back!

A quick note (while we're still waiting for a better resolution):

A user running into a similar issue confirmed that changing the loop lambda type to something else and then switching it back to Retool Workflow resolved it. Does this work for anyone here?

@victoria you mean switching to code and then switching back to GUI in the loop codeblock?

@victoria - encountering the same issue where the current loop item is undefined when I reference it in a Twilio request body param. Can you elaborate on what the workaround here is until there is a fix?

Hey @amany112! Trying to reproduce this issue this week and can't seem to do so. Are you still running into this issue?

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.20.07 PM.png

Still facing the same issue.

@victoria can you help me understand how to make this work?

I have a bunch of questions for you if you don't mind!

1. Has this ever worked, or has it always just returned message?
  2. Can you share a screenshot of the rest of your workflow? Specifically, the block that's triggering this loop!
  3. Also, just to test, if you delete and recreate your loop block, does it make a difference?