New Table with Conditional Click event - cell shows clickable when condition is false

Please make the appearance of a clickable cell in the new table match the onClick Event condition in the "only run when" section.

DETAILS:
I have a cell in the new table with a conditional onClick event.
The click event sets a textInput component value and then changes the current view of the tabbed container.

This works as expected.
If the row passes the condition, the tabbed container view changes to a prefiltered table based on the clicked row.
If the row does not pass the condition the tabbed container view does not change.

HOWEVER.... the cell still behaves like a "clickable" cell. The hover background is shaded and the pointer changes to indicate it is clickable.

The result is a user experience that appears broken. The cell acts clickable but when clicked does nothing.
Please make the appearance of the cell shading and pointer sensitive to the condition in the onClick event.

Thanks!!

Hi Liz! Thanks for your input. This styling option is already an existing feature request for the table component. I've added a "+1" to the request for your post, joining a list of other Retool users who have expressed their interest in this feature.

There are a few workarounds other users have found including changing the row color and conditional status indicators.

Another option is to utilize row actions. While the cells will still change color upon hover, the icon and customized tool-tip will only appear conditionally as you set it.

In my example below, I only have the icon appearing when the row hovered has a "Viewer" role. I then attached a click event handler to control the advance of the tabbed container.

I hope this workaround can provide what you need for the time being. This thread will update when this feature request is completed. :blush: