MySQL connection missing table

I have successfully connected to my (hosted) MySQL database but randomly it's not reading one table (that I actually need for a query). I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot this. I'm using the trial version to see if this will be the solution I need.

Hi @digitalepona, I would start by double-checking that your DB user has read permissions for that table. You can check the user's permissions with SHOW GRANTS (docs).

It would also be helpful if you could clarify what you mean when you say it's not reading that table. Are you not seeing that table in your schema when writing queries to your MySQL db? Or are you seeing that schema but queries to that table aren't returning as expected?

I'm having this issue as well. I created a new table in my database and I'd like to use it as the target for a bulk upsert workflow query using the GUI method. I confirmed that the retool user has access to the table, but the drop-down list of tables is stubbornly refusing to refresh the list of available tables. I've tried refreshing, toggling back and to other resources, and creating a duplicate workflow.

@mpm13 Thanks for flagging this! I've passed your feedback along to our eng team and will update this post if we ship some an update to improve this situation. The schema is cached in Retool's backend and from a Workflow, there's no UI to clear the cache yet. You can open a Retool app, create a query with this resource refresh the schema, and reload your workflow which will then pull the updated schema. While not ideal this should allow you to update your schema!

Here's the button in an app where you refresh the schema:

1 Like