Module input Bug

Hi, I've run into a super strange bug with module inputs. I have two update forms stored as modules vendorUpdate and labelUpdate. The vendorUpdate form works as expected. It has a vendor input variable defined with a default value of a hash. This default value is overwritten by the parent app and pre-populates editable fields.

The labelUpdate is a duplicate of the vendorUpdate. It functions very similarly. I deleted the vendor input variable and created a label input with different keys in the default hash. However, when using the new input for default values (i.e. label.value.prefix) it uses the deleted vendor input variable (which doesn't have the same keys but still returns a value). The States > moduleContainer sidebar still lists the old vendor input variable and no label variable. I've tried clearing cache and recreating/ deleting the vendor input. All screenshots are from the labelUpdate module editor. TIA

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.50.45 AM
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.51.02 AM
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.51.24 AM

I had something similar, I ended up putting something back and hooking it up again then deleting references to it 1st and re-deleting what I had put back in. maybe try making a variable and naming it the same, then check if its hooked up and getting new values before deleting again?

it sounds like something in the code got confused and didn't clean itself up properly

I gave that a shot, unfortunately it didn't fix it. If it helps anyone else, I moved the default hash from the Module Settings > Inputs > label > Default value (in bottom pic) to moduleContainer > Content > label. The label input and default hash is now recognized but the state still shows vendor. I'd prefer vendor to go away but meh, it still works.