Inspector Toggle Keybind (Command + U)

Hello,
I am running into this oddly specific issue where in Firefox, the default keybinding for "view-source" is Command + U.

I only discovered this when I thought I was toggling the panel in ReTool, but really launching the "view-source" tab in Firefox.

I tried looking around but on the latest version of Firefox (120) and MacOS 14.2, there doesn't seem to be a way to customize the keybinding...

I was hoping for maybe an ability to customize the editor keybindings in ReTool to something else?

For now I will continue to toggle with my mouse, since I do not want to use Chrome or Safari.

Hey there, you do have the flexibility to customize key bindings in Retool on a per-app basis. To do this, open the app settings menu by clicking the gear icon in the left panel. Select 'Custom shortcuts' and click '+ Add new' to create a new shortcut. Specify the desired shortcut keys and the JavaScript action to trigger. You have a wide range of keyboard characters and optional modifier keys at your disposal for customization.

Here is some additional documentation:
Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Keyboard Shortcuts

Hopefully this will help you avoid and unexpected conflicts with Firefox's default keybindings.

Thank you for the reply, and I did use that to add "saving" of my form progress with "meta + s".

The issue is with the default keybinding "meta + u" that is for the App IDE itself, not the App I am developing.

The App IDE:

Firefox Menu:

So unless there is a way to change that, I am still in a pickle.

Thanks for explaining the issue. Have you considered using a different web browser like Chrome? Switching to Chrome could be a practical solution to avoid the keybinding conflict altogether.

Since it appears that customizing keybindings in the IDE isn't currently supported as you've mentioned, an alternative approach could be to modify the keybindings within your Firefox browser itself. You can refer to this documentation for instructions on how to customize keyboard shortcuts in Firefox: Customize Keyboard Shortcuts in Firefox.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and filed a feature request for this issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I appreciate linking to a Firefox guide, but they state:

I had already looked into customizing Firefox like that :frowning:

I could use Chrome, but I do not like supporting Google and their ways.

I have been a happy Firefox user for the better part of a decade and it's not a critical feature for me to warrant downloading Chrome.

Thank you for your feedback and patience. We value your continued use of our product and will keep you updated on any progress related to this feature request.