Retool DB GUI Vertical Tabs(?)

If you have a lot of tables, listing all of them horizontally fits 11 tables at most on my tv/monitor (obv depends on table names, resolution and whatnot). a table itself is able to display at least 15 rows not including space for headers and stuff and a side panel could easily fit way more. being able to scroll these vertically would make finding the table you're looking for quicker especially since their order isn't guaranteed. thankfully i have a horizontal scroll bar w higher dps on my mouse, but I feel bad for anyone who can't zoom around like Sonic

2 Likes

Hi @bobthebear, we do have a vertical scroll for all tables in Retool Database, just click on the hamburger menu on the top left. Here we can scroll or use the search feature:

I've just recently started getting in the habit of using that window + search. I think my biggest gripe is how the shortcut ctrl + k is a Chrome shortcut for in-page Google search and since it auto focuses the address bar it makes the shortcut useless... to make it work u have to do ctrl + k, esc, esc, esc, then you get your cursor back in the search area =)

do you happen to know how to remap Chrome shortcuts or is there a way to
edit retool hotkeys for the platform or for just the Retool DB Editor?

We can set up keyboard shortcuts on Retool but they are for apps so they wouldn't work here. I'm not sure about Chrome shortcuts but to do a search on your table you can use Quick find: Cmd + f on a mac, I believe it's Ctrl + f on Windows.

would it be possible to make a feature request for adding keyboard shortcuts, or maybe just providing a pre-set list of alternative hotkeys to apply as needed, to user settings that are only applied globally could be handy, but applied to individual retool features would be really cool(tools? page types? ide type? lol ... retool database, webapp/module and workflow ide, webapp/module and workflow listing page, and global/common). its probly only useful to those who commonly use heavily customized browsers and IDEs at the same time and want things normalized as best as possible? :man_shrugging: sometimes you just gotta ask for something thats more like syntactic surgar or icing on the cake than anything else :grin:

Hey @bobthebear!

Thanks for shedding some light on what features users like you would find more useful! I submitted a request on your behalf. Sorry for the delay! This was assigned to me while Paulo was OOO and got buried. I'll update you here if we have updates :raised_hands:

1 Like