Google Drive / FilePicker

Hi Retoolers.

I have a few use cases where I have lists of things, and I want a field which is a link to a document on Google Drive. I figure basically this needs (a) to build the connection to the Google Drive API, (b) provide some kind of UI (which would need to be able to navigate a directory structure, and ( c) return the url / id of the relevant drive object. Possibly using something like FilePicker, which I've just found whilst searching on this topic (example here, maybe). Bit tricky. Has anyone done anything like this?

Currently I'm cheating, I send all the files I need to a single list in 'ClickUp' which has a really simple api, and can then select a ClickUp TaskId, but that means storing docs in ClickUp which is not ideal either.

Thanks!

Hey @domjammoo

I’ve done something similar with the Youtube API, pulling in information about a channel’s videos and statistics and making a dashboard by joining other VOD sources. Definitely feasible!

Maybe you could use a cascader component for the file structure?

LMK how your project goes! definitely curious with how it progresses. :slight_smile: