Getting Summary row where the table has dynamic columns

I have a retool new table which populates data from a query whose columns will vary based on the query results. I have used Dynamic Columns and the outcome is perfect. However,

1. When downloading (as CSV) the headers are missing
  2. Summary rows when added has no summed up values on the dynamic columns
  3. Is there a way to get sum of row values by adding a additional fixed column
    Thanks
1 Like

Hey @Sivaram, great questions!

In response to your questions:

1. This is a known issue on our end that we have a bug report for. We don't have any expected timeline at the moment, but I went ahead and linked the report to this thread so that if there are any updates we can let you know!
  2. Yes, Retool's table component has a Summary Row feature that you can read in more detail about on this post.
  3. There are a few different ways to go about this depending on what you're trying to achieve. Read here for details on a few different approaches.

Happy to answer any follow up questions, thanks! :slight_smile:

On point-2, the fact is, when using dynamic columns and summary row, it doesn't work. In fact it has not even aggregation defined

Thanks, Sivaram. I just made a request for this feature and will let you know of any updates!

I'm not sure what your use-case is, but it might be worth mentioning that if a column appears in two tables, you can opt out of listing it dynamically. In that case, one would be able to have a summary row for that particular column. Hope that helps!

Thanks for making the request.
As mentioned in my request, the use-case is : Table which populates data from a query whose columns will vary (for each run) based on the query results. Hence, it will have to be dynamic.