Document Control opening local file path

Is there a way to open local files with an event handler.

I would like to have a table with records of network file paths on the local machine with an open file button like the example below.

Hey @MacD87!

As far as I am aware this isn't currently supported but I can surface it with the dev team. Would you mind sharing more about your use case?

@Kabirdas Is it possible to natively write and read (download) files form a network file path with retool on prem or cloud? Based upon a forum search it seems like no but I wanted to double check and if not, please raise this again as a feature request!

Hey @Lee, this is not currently possible. We do have an internal ticket tracking this request and I'll bump it with your +1. It isn't currently on our roadmap to implement this, but will update this thread if we have any additional information to share.

@joeBumbaca

Would love to know if the feature request is ready to launch yet.

Internal tools with access to local files should be common use cases. I started using retool recently and have loved it so much. However, i have a heavy local FS use case which makes it hard for me to migrate to retool right now.

1 Like

@Shuchang_Zheng This is not ready to launch yet, we'll update this thread when there is any information to share. Thank!

1 Like