Custom Notification Content Not Displaying Correctly

Hi, we have been experiencing issues with our notifications since last few days. Our custom notifications for both successful and failed scenarios with REST/JS queries have stopped displaying the intended content. Instead of our custom messages, only the query name is appearing in the notifications. This issue seems related to new notification system that's been rolled out.

Attached are screenshots displaying the affected queries and notifications for your reference.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 12.36.54 PM

Hi @Neeraj_Gahlot , yes you are correct that this is related to our new notifications change. We just made a quick fix that should be in 3.38 (next version on Wednesday) that shows your failure conditions in the query failure notifications.
notifications_3_38

As an aside, we made a decision to remove query notifications for end users to reduce bloat and give editors reason to be more intentional with how they display notifications. In order to work around this, you must configure an event handler for each query to “Show Notification” to show these notifications to your end users.

I have a follow-up question. We have been extensively using query notifications for almost all create/update queries in our application. Is there any shortcut to configure event handlers for all queries?

Also, I was reading about the global flag in the new notification settings that controls notifications across the entire application. What does this flag control once query notifications are removed?
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 5.17.10 PM

Hi @Neeraj_Gahlot ,

We actually ended up rolling back the feature flag so you should have the old notifications experience now and your query success & failure notifications should be appearing for end users.

We are planning on going back on our decision that I mentioned in the previous message and instead making query success & failure notifications show to the end user so that we do not break people's existing apps.