Notification Updates

Hey team,

With rolling out of new notification feature feels like we've got a regression.

Previously if a query failed you'd get:
query_js: Error message here

With the new update you just get:
query_js failure with no error message unless it is explicitly handled within query.

With that being said additional features to make this change shine would be:

• Ability to hide query name or replace it with a user visible alternative as showing them raw name is confusing

• Ability to pre-populate settings for error message based on resource i.e. we always expect query.data.message or query.data.error to have the message instead of always having to set it on a query level

• Ability to search logs based on failure uuid or some equivalent
    -User copies Log ID or URL based on which people with access could get to audit page directly

8 Likes

Great thinking @stefancvrkotic!

Imagine a LLM turning the error message into a human readable header, description for the notification and a copy button for debug information that can be sent to the dev team.

1 Like

Hey @stefancvrkotic,

These are great suggestions. Love that you're keeping the user experience top of mind. I went ahead and reported the regression as well as the additional suggestions you made to improve this feature.

Bumping this thread as this rolls out to on-prem, I'm hearing more complaints where users don't see a message they can pass on and there are (1000s of queries which would need to be manually updated).

This not only causes friction in user experience but engineers have to find other ways to get to the information by digging through audit logs or traces.

1 Like

Added this note. Thanks Stefan for the bump. This is on our roadmap.