Change Retool Forms Submission Screen

not being able to customize this makes for an awkward user experience when trying to embed the form via iframe--are there plans to officially support embedding forms?

1 Like

Absolutely agree on this!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! This has been submitted as a feature request to Retool's engineering, product, and design teams. Please keep an eye on Retool's changelog for future releases, and consider subscribing via RSS or JSON for updates.

3 Likes

Thanks @MiguelOrtiz -> same issue / feedback

2 Likes

+1 feature needed here too. Thanks for the update @max_wiederholt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to link this answer from another topic New Forms App Feature Requests - #4 by joeBumbaca

It is now possible to redirect, although currently only for enterprise.

2 Likes

Please reconsider this advertisement, it is totally confusing to our end users and makes the form completely useless. Thanks

Hi @Gabe, welcome to the forum! :wave:
I added your feedback and +1 to the internal FR.

1 Like

Please include this change in self-hosted, at least in the paid plans. I understand standalone forms are a "sales / lead generation tool" for Retool, yet, the clients I presented this to as a quite nice standalone form solution are either laughing at me or got mad at me for the success page, tbh...

Hi @w7_gmbh, I added your feedback to the request. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just finished making a form. Happy it worked and this would have been the solution for us. Until we got the success page and there was confetti. Now we can't use it. I would understand "powered by Retool" and I would proudly put that underneath the message I would like to show my form submitters. But showing your users this,... nobody is going to use it for something professional and serious projects. It's just screaming at you. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Please add ability to redirect without enterprise account. Thanks!

Hi @Steven_W and @Tom_I, I added your feedback and +1s to the internal FR.

2 Likes

same here, please remove the ad for business tier user.
Either increase the plan price or make the retool form as a paid add-on.
This ruin the customer experience and made the app useless.

2 Likes

+1, come on, also on business tier?

2 Likes

Hi Retool Community,

While using the new form submission tool, I've noticed that the success message includes an advertisement for Retool forms. It would be really beneficial to have an option to disable this ad to maintain a seamless and professional user experience.

Would love to know if there’s any plan to implement this feature.

1 Like

Hi all, custom redirects on form submissions are now available for Enterprise customers on cloud hosted versions of Retool!

For Enterprise self-hosted versions, this feature is available starting from 3.56.0-edge and will also be included in our upcoming stable release expected by the end of August.

2 Likes

+1 Remove ads on submission. Of course, having a powered by on the bottom is totally ok, and expected. But confetti and the rest of the ad? This is ridiculous.

+1 Allow custom redirects on ANY plan. This is a basic feature of every single form provider, even free ones. You can have a custom redirect. Actually this costs Retool nothing to provide this and may actually be better than having Retool host the redirect page themselves. Interestingly, I just noticed that Free plans that pay nothing are allowed 500 workflows a month, but a simple custom redirect (actually one line of code on your backend), requires enterprise?

It seems clear Retool doesn't understand the potential of forms for the platform. There are many other things that you can upsell for higher paid plans and Enterprise. You already do this very well. Custom redirects and ads are not those things! Please fix.

You should be promoting forms heavily, as they will increase the usage of other parts of the platform, like the database and workflows, and eventually teams. So it makes zero sense financially to lock basic features that every single other form provider provides behind some enterprise feature. Basically, Retool revenue increases once someone needs to use Retool apps for more than one person, but you need to gain traction with one person first and making some things like forms unusable, doesn't help improve traction.

I don’t mind the custom redirect per se.
I mind the confetti and big screaming add.

What could work:

<custom text> successfully submitted.
Return to <redirect url> or <redirect to form beginning>

… smaller retool advertising..
Or
… powered by retool…

It doesn’t have to by tiny font size 10. But right now it’s unusable and more a proof of concept.

Right now the emphasis is on Retool as a company. Not on what you can achieve with it. Why would anyone use it if its advertising is so in your face.

Yes, the custom text works also. But a custom redirect is ridiculously easy for them to implement. Takes one line of code and 5 minutes. But, either one is fine.

It is just mind boggling that they don't allow this. How is this an enterprise feature? You can hook up the form to a database, you can hook it up to a workflow, but you can't have custom text on the submission or a custom redirect unless you are an enterprise user? Retool Forms with some basic features implemented, would make Retool grow like crazy, because it solves some really annoying problems with other form platforms (i.e. no proper database behind submissions, terrible workflows that don't integrate with the rest of your stack).

Also, for most applications, you just want to create a Form and send it someone. You don't want to create an entire App in Retool. But, this is impossible to do now, because the Form is just an Advertisement.

1 Like