Bug: Fallback Icon

• Goal: I am trying to use an icon instead of an image for an avatar column in a Retool table (new version). I load the Options and set the label of the desired option, while leaving the Value at its default and the Caption, Color, Image, and Fallback text fields empty. I select the desired Icon.

• Problem: The avatar remains the letters of the Label instead of the icon that I am using.

• Steps: Documentation consulted: Avatar | Retool Component Library

• Details: I am using a table which uses an import workflow JSON output as its source. The table is nested within a container component.

• Screenshots: Attached.

CleanShot 2024-05-25 at 20.49.40

CleanShot 2024-05-25 at 20.49.47

Hi @mbgs,

I tried replicating what you did and I also wasn't able to get the icon to show. I thought the error could have been the fact that the icon is between curly brackets, but even if I select the icon directly it won't come up.

I guess this is indeed a bug for the retool team to look at.

1 Like

+1
I experienced this bug first hand last week

1 Like

Hi @mbgs and all :wave: Alice here from Support. This is indeed a bug and I have just shared this internally with the team. I will update this thread when this is fixed.

In the meantime you can use the column format = tags which does show the icon, it does show the column as a tag though...so not ideal...but a workaround in the meantime:
CleanShot 2024-05-29 at 11.39.14

1 Like