Welcome to Retool Mobile

Welcome to Retool Mobile! I'm Mike, engineering lead for the Mobile team. Moving forward, we'll use this page to update you on new features, and share important product milestones. If you have any feedback, feature requests, or bugs to report, please feel free to post them here. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

3 Likes

Hi all, I'm the product manager for Retool Mobile. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have with the product, features, or future roadmap. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

1 Like

Hello!

This might be a stupid question, but I can't seem to figure out how to apply CSS styling to components in the Retool Mobile app editor. I glanced through the docs and couldn't find anything there about it. Is this a supported feature or am I way off base here?

1 Like

Hi Mike, in Retool Mobile, please allow for the creation of a text area (multi-line freeform text input, without character limit). My application requires users to enter notes that are to be shared with other app users, so without this component I can't build the app. I am sure that other developers will have similar needs for such a component. Please could you add this feature soon? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

is there a component for Retool Mobile on the roadmap which can render html content?

The concrete use case is an app which gets html content via an rest api, that should be shown on the mobile app.

Thanks.

Hey @IGEPA_TS - this isn't something supported today. It's possible to use Markdown to show rich content, but not HTML. Perhaps you could open to an external page via your mobile app, using either the WebView component or the utils.openUrl function?

You can also convert HTML to Markdown using a 3rd party JS library. turndown looks like a popular one.