Markdown not working on Header Text

Officially headers support markdown (as indicated by the little logo next to the value option). However I cant get it to work (bold, headers or anything else I tried). The font size, which can't be disabled seems to take precedence.

@w2go sorry for the confusion, Markdown is actually not supported there. (We don't support Markdown anywhere in Retool Mobile currently.) I'll remove that confusing tooltip ASAP.

However feel free to email me (braden AT retool dot com) if you'd like to share more about your use case, I'd love to learn more about what you're building!

Lack of Markdown or HTML support in Retool Mobile is a major block for me right now.

I am loading some content from Airtable's APi which contains rich text in either markdown or HTML and I can't use any of it in Retool Mobile.

Is there a major reason why this hasn't been implemented yet?

1 Like

Ack, sorry about this! We'll be discussing supporting Markdown next week to assess lift - I'll let you know if we have any updates to share coming out of that. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Update! We now support Markdown in Mobile :slight_smile: This update should go live with our next deploy :tada: Thank you for your feedback and patience here!

3 Likes

New update! We support HTML and Markdown in Mobile :slight_smile: :tada: :iphone: