View options for frames

Hi Retool Support Team,

I’m very new to Retool and am trying to get a handle on everything. I would appreciate your advice on a specific issue I’m encountering.

I have a project with a few basic frames: Header, Sidebar, splitPaneFrame, and Main. In one flow of my app, I’ve implemented onboarding using a container with several views in the Main frame. These views change simultaneously with the container in splitPaneFrame when a button is pressed. This part works well.

Now, I want to create another flow in the app that initiates when a button on the side panel is pressed. What is the best way to implement this? Should I keep adding more view options in the existing containers, or can I create view options for all frames?

Thank you so much in advance for your help and apologies if this is such a basic question.

Best regards,
Anna

1 Like

Hi @anna.dedukh, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Could you expand on what is the purpose of the new flow you are trying to implement? Adding to many dependencies within one app can lead to slowdowns. Depending on how different is the new flow, we could encapsulate it within a new app and send the user there instead of having one app do too many things. Mutlipage will improve performance but it's still in Beta. You can join the waitlist for early access here:

1 Like