Table field statistics

On the Retool Component Library page, there is an example of table that shows the column field statistics (e.g. Filled 98%) as seen below:

How can I enable this?

Hi there! This is a preview of a feature (summary row) that we are actually looking to enable for users this week. I'll ping here again once it's live.

2 Likes

Wow! That's great! Thank you so much

Is there any update on this?

If you use retool cloud, you can use summary row now, just try it. just click + in Add-ons.

But there is still a unperfect here, the summary row will cover my last row, the the scroll bar will appear, my table row height is set to auto.

Thanks @AnsonHwang! It is now showing up for me but the column aggregations settings doesn't seem to be working for me:

Hello, you must at least have one column which type is number, it seems aggregations only work for number column now.

1 Like

Following here! This feature is officially launched. In addition to number columns, we do some basic aggregations on other columns as well. We hope to add other options in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @andoliveyou! For the future, I would definitely love to see the "Filled" and "Empty" statistics as shown in the example in the original post above.

Not working for me:

The column "match quality" is a number type. There is no filtering here and it doesn't work for SUM or MAX or AVERAGE. It does work correctly for COUNT DISTINCT.

The value of the column is a formula based on other columns:

{{(currentSourceRow.x + currentSourceRow.y) * (1 / (currentSourceRow.x / currentSourceRow.y))}}

That may be what is breaking something.

Hi @Roland_Alden Thanks for reporting this! So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this, but I'd be happy to take a look if you let me know which app it is

Actually I think I had made this "number" column a text column for a bad set of reasons and that is why numeric functions like SUM were blocked and COUNT wasn't. My bad... :dotted_line_face:

1 Like