Strange glitch when click on cell to open a new app in same tab

Not sure what is wrong

my app have a glitch, when i click on cell it goes back for a milisec to the same table and then opens the new app in same tab. What im doing wrong? the idea is to open the second app in the same screen and pass tru the hash params

in console, when i click the view button in the left. shows

then

@ScottR @Tess @victoria @Kabirdas @ekeith @matth @bradlymathews

any ideas? @Tess @Kabirdas

Hi agaitan026, I would love to help! :slightly_smiling_face:
Try changing the order of the event handlers, have 'guardar_filtros' run before 'utils.openApp()' and let me know if it makes a difference.
Could you also try re uploading the screen recording? Looks like there was an issue with the upload, I see the frame but not the video, and it would be helpful to see the glitch.

1 Like

how i can reorder handlers? i have to recreate them?

Yes. However, event handlers run in parallel so I don't think it will do the trick. I believe the glitch is coming from 'guardar_filtros' running while Retool is trying to open the second app.
The best way to make sure we open the app after 'guardar_filtros' is done running, is to add "utils.openUrl(...)" or "utils.openApp(...)" as a "Success" event handler to the 'guardar_filtros' JS query.

For example:

Let me know how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

but my utils have all this

how i do that with run script options

Here is a doc that shows the arguments we can pass to "utils.openApp()".

We can add as many query params to the "queryParams" key of the options hash as we need. :slightly_smiling_face:

utils.openApp("appUuid", { queryParams: {
    idcliente: {{table1.selected...}},
    nombres: {{table1.selected...}},
} })

You can get the value for the "appUuid" of the other app by opening that app and checking the value for "retoolContext.appUuid" in the state.
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.43.41 AM

1 Like

But that’s query params, im using hash param, any example?

If you use the "Go to app" Success event handler, you should still be able to add "Hash params."

1 Like