SSL Connection string issues - Retool Database

Retool have adjusted the connection string to the retool database and I am now getting the following error when connecting through my windows ODBC connector -

Endpoint ID is not specified. Either please upgrade the postgres client library (libpq) for SNI support or pass the endpoint ID (first part of the domain name) as a parameter: '?options=endpoint%3D'

This is my connection string, password hidden for this.

postgresql://retool:xxxxxxxxxx@ep-polished-truth-34291300.us-west-2.retooldb.com/retool?sslmode=require

Server = ep-polished-truth-34291300.us-west-2.retooldb.com
Database = Production
User Name = Production
SSL MODE = Required
Post = 5432
Password = xxxxxxxxx

I dont understand what needs to be done to the above to fix the error highlighted "pass the endpoint ID (first part of the domain name) as a parameter: '?options=endpoint%3D'*"

I have tried adjusting the server to the following and still get an error, I never had any issues in the past until retool migrated our database.

ep-polished-truth-34291300.us-west-2.retooldb.com/retool?options=endpoint%3Dep-polished-truth-34291300

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

I still can connect it with js library.

Could u check your database connection information here?

Hi,

Yes checked the connection and reran multiple times. Issue seems to be unique to the ODBC Connector, of which I cant seem to get right logic on the server requirements?

Also looks like you havent been migrated, does your connection end in retool?sslmode=require?

It seem not end with that

I am trying to use the connection string to access the retool database through excel using a ODBC driver. Do you think you can help me troubleshoot this error message?

I believe I have used the correct information from the connection string to fill this out.

@RA_SYD Looks like that error would be fixed with the same resolution as this post here, or by setting SSL Mode to require.

@rikkesborup Hard to say from that error. Can you double check the credentials? I don't have access to a PC today, but will test this out as soon as I can.

Hi @joeBumbaca ,

Just to let you know, I have realized the problem is on my end, and has something to do with my company's network / firewall setup. The connection works fine from my home laptop :blush:. Thanks for the help!

@rikkesborup glad to hear it! Thanks for the update and glad it's working for you. Have a great day!