Select component phantom bug on self-hosted

Has anyone noticed a bug where the Select component randomly changes when clicking elsewhere in the app? Essentially the selected item in the list changes randomly.

There are no queries in the debug console so it seems to be changing irrespective of any queries.

It seems to happen when the app is using more memory so maybe the app is too complex?

It's a very strange bug.

@Tess Any reports of this? On self-hosted stable.

Hi @wyu821 Thanks for reaching out! Yes, we have had a few reports of phantom dropdowns :disappointed: Our engineering team is currently investigating it internally, so I'll post here if I get any updates

I've noticed a similar issue before. It could be related to state management or memory leaks in your app. Check for any unnecessary re-renders or unoptimized code that might be causing the Select component to lose its state. Debugging tools like React DevTools or profiling your app's performance might help pinpoint the problem. Simplifying your app or optimizing the component's state handling might resolve the issue.

@Tess any timeline on when this might get resolved?

Hi there,

I don't have an eta quite yet :disappointed:

This seems to be duplicated issue to here - from what I can see the dropdown never closes properly, just has an opacity set to zero. I've put a CSS fix in that stops the phantom clicking, but means that you have to click the bugged dropdown twice to open it - which my team way prefer!

.C5YACX.unmounting {
z-index: -1 !important;
}