Query Folders

The ability to create folders for queries within an app would be amazing. Once there are 20-30+ queries within an app it can be tough to maintain organization.

1 Like

Yes!

Yeah, we have a proverbial mountain of requests for this kind of ability. I’ll see where this is in the pipeline, it’s a big UI re-work.

++QUERY FOLDERS!! On my server I have a variety of query handlers that can process multiple Request types, and it would be fantastic for organization (and my sanity) to be able to organize queries on my retool dashboard in a way which mirrors my API architecture, rather than in a large alphabetized list.

For example:

• queries
    • users
      • post_users
      • get_users
      • put_users
    • activities
      • post_activities
      • get_activities
      • put_activities
      • delete_activities

would be significantly easier to navigate than currently:

• delete_activities
  • get_activities
  • get_users
  • post_activities
  • post_users
  • put_activites
  • put_users

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for re-surfacing this! The feature didn’t make it into the most recent editor redesign, but hopefully we’ll be able to work it in soon!

Hi,

Wondering if this is still something the team has in mind, because I’d be extremely interested in this feature. Working with the current organization is quite tedious for complex tools.

Thanks !

Hey @clement-v! Query folders are definitely still on our minds, it's just a matter of prioritization. After the initial improvement on query organization (the horizontally scrolling query list) it's become a little less pressing than when the idea first came up. My best guess is that we're a few months away from fitting this into a sprint cycle

Hi again @clement-v!

I just wanted to follow up here (after much time) and say that we have shipped query folders! Please check them out and feel free to direct any feedback here or directly to me!

2 Likes

@haxton It would be great to have the ability to stack folders.

Hi @voboxjohn! Thanks for reaching out about this. We have this request internally as well. I'll reach out on this thread if we're able to ship a fix for nested/stacked folders :blush: