Nested Folders/Groupings of Queries

Hi! I think it would be super useful for organization purposes if we were able to nest folders or groupings of queries. From everything I've tried, it seems that you can only place queries within a folder, but not folders within folders.

example:

--Users
--Admin
--CreateNewAdminQuery
--NonAdmin
--CreateNewNonAdminQuery

not the best example, but it does the job :slight_smile: Thanks for all you guys do at retool!

5 Likes

Hi bradyagranoff,

Thanks so much for your suggestion - I agree with you that being able to nest queries would help, and we have heard this come up for other customers as well. It's on our radar! I'll let you know once there's an update from our side, and in the interim, I'll leave this here so others can chime in with their thoughts. :)

1 Like

+1 for nested folders. Similarly have folders (and the ability to nest them) in the query library would be very helpful for organization purposes.

2 Likes

Nested folders would be very helpful for organizing multiple applications within the same Retool instance. Is this feature on a future roadmap?

1 Like

Hey @Ara! This is definitely on our roadmap and has been requested by a number of orgs, so it definitely has traction internally :slightly_smiling_face: The team that owns this product feature doesn't have any timelines just yet, but I'll let this thread know once they do!

2 Likes

Ok. It's 2023, soon 2024 [three years later] still no updates.:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hi @Power_Sunday,

Thanks for reaching out & welcome to the forum! This one has taken awhile to get the necessary resources internally :disappointed: The good news is, we've started scoping internally & there are people working on this. It's too early for me to provide an expected ship date, but hopefully soon :crossed_fingers: :rocket:

1 Like

That's great news, thank you!

Hi @Tess, any update on this feature ? It would be a great one especially because organizing things properly in Retool is the key to create complex features which make Retool shine.

It's still currently in progress! :disappointed:

1 Like