Portal Template

Hey :wave:

I'm playing around with Portals and was wondering if the example on the Retool/Products/Portal page is available to have a look at/use as a template?

2 Likes

Would love to see Retool make more of an effort on open source templates.

1 Like

Hey @lukxf! I haven't quite been able to track down that exact app, but I did find a couple that I'd like to share with you :slight_smile:

Feel free to import these apps and let me know how it goes. If these aren't quite what you're looking for, do you have any specific questions or asks?

Let me know!
FinTech-20Landing-20Page.json Live-20Monitoring.json

1 Like

Additionally, this isn't a demo app, but it's a good video walkthrough of building portals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FYcZn98STg

Hello :wave: I started exploring Retool because of the Portal feature :sparkles:

However, I now struggle on how to make a design like this? :sweat_smile:

Is the sidebar here just the Navigation Component?

But how to make it as beautiful like this example?

Thanks!

Hi @talenodigital!

Great question - thank you for asking. I believe that's a Sidebar component :slight_smile:

Click "Component Tree" > "Sidebar" > "Create"

I'd also recommend uploading some of the demo apps I sent or even creating a new app from scratch and clicking through one of the three "Get started" apps!

Hi @victoria!

I'm getting started with the Retool Portals and wanted to know how to setup something similar to the example dashboard on the Portals page Custom Client Portal Software with Retool Portals

More specifically, I'm interested in this part (see screenshot), to have the external user management easily setup. Do you have guidance / a template for this?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 1.01.38 PM

Hey @Philippe_Mizrahi,

The example in the portal is just the avatar component paired with the toggle link component . You can check out this example here:

It doesn't do anything, you'd have to set up your own user management logic.

Hi @victoria

Is it possible to also share the JSON file for the app in the portal video?