Need Help on Local Deploy Windows 10 SQL Server

I did read other similar topic on forum as well as following instruction on https://docs.retool.com/docs/local-deploy. I am afraid I still need help setting it up. The instruction says for Mac and Linux. Btu I suppose same for Windows? My goal is to have ReTool access SQL Server on my local desktop (for proto-typing).

ReTool seem like a great low-code no-code environment, but looks like it require some technical knowledge on my part to install this on-premise. I followed your instruction and setup GIT, and was able to download and setup your folder:

Running the script install.sh gives out this error.

./get-docker.sh line 9: wget: command not found
./get-docker-compose.sh: line 1: sudo: command not found
./get-docker-compose.sh: line 2: sudo: command not found
./docker_setup: line 6: dig: command not found

I am new to all of these. Appreciate your help pointing me to the right direction.

Thanks,

Hi @YYoung - Jamie here, an engineer working on self-hosted Retool. Thanks for trying this out and excited to get you up and running.

Today, our self-hosted Retool beta isn't available on Windows local deploy. Instead, would you be able to spin up a Linux VM in AWS/Azure then connect to the sql server as a resource? The instructions, including 1-click stack creation, are here: https://my.retool.com/.

Let me know if that works and feel free to ping me with any questions!

1 Like

Can we host on GCP?

Hi @yazanakkad

It is possible to deploy Retool to GCP! We currently don't have docs for it but much of the underlying tech is the same as the other providers we support.

If you run into any particular issues while getting set up feel free to write in or post about them and we'll do our best to help you out :slightly_smiling_face:

I was actually able to deploy it to GCP. I followed the steps that were mentioned for deploying on Amazon and it worked!

I need to deploy in my local machine to connect with a GraphQL endpoint which is in a server, that requires to be connected to the VPN to access. Is there another way if we are using WIndows 10?

Hey @aivalo!

I would explore deploying Retool to a VM as mentioned above and then connecting that VM to your VPN. Is that something you've already considered?