Hello Retool Community,
I'm currently facing an issue with the new ListView component in Retool, specifically related to the auto height feature. I've been transitioning from the legacy ListView to the new component, and I've encountered a problem where the ListView doesn't fully expand to accommodate all the dynamically added elements.
The issue arises when I use the auto height setting for the ListView. As I dynamically add more elements to the list (using a button), the ListView expands only up to a certain point. Beyond this point, instead of further expanding, it starts to incorporate a scrollbar. This behavior is limiting, as I need the ListView to grow and display all elements without the need for scrolling, which was the behavior observed in the legacy ListView component.
- Set up a ListView with the auto height option enabled.
- Dynamically add elements to the ListView using a button.
- Observe that after adding a certain number of elements, the ListView stops expanding and introduces a scrollbar.
I expect the ListView to continually expand in height as new elements are added, without any limitation, thus showing all elements at once without a scrollbar.
The ListView expands only to a certain extent and then resorts to a scrollbar for additional elements, not showing all elements at once.
- Has anyone else experienced this issue with the new ListView component?
- Are there any known workarounds to make the ListView expand beyond the limited size, as it did in the legacy version?
- Could this be a bug in the new ListView component?
I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or solutions regarding this matter. The legacy ListView worked seamlessly for my needs, and I'm keen on achieving the same functionality with the new component.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!