Improve graphql auto complete

Auto complete in graphql queries used to only give you options from your graphql schema, now it includes all your retool variables. This is much less helpful, because 99% of the time, you want something from your schema.

If you want to continue to include the retool variables in autocomplete (probably useful) it'd make things much faster if the list was reordered so that the graphql schema results came first, then the retool ones.

I think this only got changed to include retool variables in a fairly recent patch, it used to be really good and helpful so even just reverting it would be better than it is now.

Hi @JohnM, I am an engineer at Retool. Thanks for the great feedback. You're 100% right—it's much more useful to sort the list with GraphQL schema/keyword results first.

Thus, we have completed a fix that sorts GraphQL schema and keyword results over Retool variables. If you are on a cloud hosted version of Retool, you will see this live in Retool version 3.38.0, which should be released around next Wednesday.

If you have any more questions or feedback on your experience in Retool, feel free to email me at francis at retool dot com.

Thanks!