Expand all rows for table using group by

Is there any way to have all groups expanded by default when using the group by feature in retool table?

2 Likes

+1, and pls add method to expand rows, such as expandGroup(indexs/keys)

:wave: Requested this internally! We'll post here if our team picks up these requests

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 for this

+1

Hi there! We just added an expand all grouped rows by default setting to the table :slightly_smiling_face: You should have access to this now, if you're on Cloud Retool, and in a couple of weeks if you're self hosting

We're still tracking requests for more specific expand + close actions, but hope this helps for the time being!

FYI, there is a bug with this

Expand groups by default resets the table causing requirement to group rows by again, with expand groups by default pre-selected

Thanks! I'll reach out when this issue is fixed

1 Like

We shipped the fix for this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Tess It seems that the groups are still collapsed when 'Expand groups by default' is enabled. Am I doing something incorrect?

Hi @paul.narup thanks for flagging! I'm not seeing the same behavior on my side? Do you know what version of Retool you're on? The version info should be available in the bottom right corner on the ? button:

We appear to be using the same version. When in edit mode, turning the expand groups button off then back on again appears to expand the groups and stays expanded when previewing the app. But when accessing the app directly outside of edit mode, the groups are collapsed again. All changes have been released, etc.

@Tess Has there been any progress replicating this issue?

+1 same here

:thinking: we fixed a couple more bugs here. Curious if you're still seeing this issue?