Expand subgroup by default

Expand group by default should have the abilty to include subgroups. Currently I would like to reveal all the data in my table by clicking a button but all the subgroups have to be clicked manually.

Hi @shaya Great timing!! We are actually working on this and will have the following feature going live in our next stable release (should be out next week - follow the changelog here). This will allow you to expand all rows of all groups

You will also be able to trigger specific keys or indexes as outlined here:
CleanShot 2024-05-31 at 11.26.56@2x

1 Like

Hi Alice,
like Shaya I'm also looking to expand sub groups by default.

I just tested this new "expand all" feature you show here, and it only seems to be working for the "expandable rows" feature.

Is it also possible to open all groups and subgroups programmatically?

I have a table with 3 groupings:

"Expand group by default" only opens the outermost group in the table, like this:

Which means to select all rows, you have to manually open up all subgroups.

It would be great for this setting to either open all subgroups, and/or to be able to control expanding and collapsing the groups.

Shaya's issue also sounded more like this, and less like expandable rows -
@shaya please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you!

@christoph that makes a lot of sense! thank you for clarifying this and for sharing additional information :raised_hands:

We do have an internal request on this already and I have added you to it. When this is possible I will update this thread so you'll be in the loop :+1:

1 Like

Amazing, thank you!