Building Cell level value population

I want to build an EOD report with defined 10 rows and 5 columns where in each cell value have a specific number of the day.
EX: A1 = Total transactions of the Day
A2 = Count of Transactions of the Day
A3 = Unique customers of the Day

Its a snapshot report. Today we do this in excel and use lot of lookups for this. We want to migrate to RETOOL and trying to build the same. How can I achieve this.

@VM_Tech There are multiple ways to achieve this, but it would be more helpful for the community if you could provide more information such as if you intend to use a database, import a .csv file, etc..

@ScottR - I have 2 sources

1. PostGres in AWS
  2. Excel Sheet which is a dump from my Sales team.

As a P0 deliverable, I should be completing for th PostGres as a source.
As a P1 deliverable, I have to join the Excel Sheet to add more EOD values.

More complicated than I expected - I would get that excel data into a table in the db otherwise you will have to extract the data from the excel directly....

@ScottR - Lets say that we have the whole data in one table. In that case. how can I build a report on top of this table where in each has a specific derivation as I shared in the original question?

OK - so if you did have all of the data in a db (not sure what kind) you would simply write a query to get that data and display it in a table component - which can be downloaded as a csv or you could generate a PDF as well

@ScottR - I am able to get the data into a Table and show on retool.
But I want to generate the report on top of that data.

Use case : I have user transactions in a postgres DB. I am able to bring all that data and show as a table in Retool. Now I want to display a final block where in I need to do the computations and show

1. Total transactions of the day
  2. Max number of transactions performed by a user.
  3. Average value of the transactions.
  4. Compare from yesterday and identify the percentage change in the total volume.

I need guidance in identifying on how can I build the report with these values using the base data.

You can use Query JSON with SQL as a resource and query on that table data to do the calculations you need... if you can share the code/data from that table here I can try to build what you need - note that I may not be able to get to this until early next week...

Hello! Just want to mention here in case anyone stumbles across this thread that summary rows were introduced with row aggregations in the new table :slightly_smiling_face: