Bug: unable to change environments for app

I've recently added a new environment to our Retool Cloud instance. I've added configurations for the three resources we use the most. In one of my apps, switching environments is disabled, with an unhelpful message.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 4.20.25 PM

I've verified that all of the resources in this app have a valid configuration. One of the queries is imported from the query library (which also uses a resource configured for this environment).

This environment works in some other apps, but not all. In the apps where I know a resource configuration is missing, the tooltip is similarly blank.

Hi @apurcell. Looks like there is a bug in our UI in displaying the list of resources without environment. I'll file a task for it. For this issue though, I've tested and it seems to work normally. Can you double-check that the resource used for each query have dev-purcell environment setup, including the imported query? If you can share some screenshot, it'll help us debugging this issue.

Yep, I've double checked. There are only two resources now (in addition to JS queries and transformers) and they are both configured for the environment.

Is there a way you can check it on our instance rather than me uploading a bunch of screenshots of configuration?

This was reported here: [Bug] Environment Selector does not inform user which resource specifically is not properly configured as well.

Indirectly shown here too: Stage environment is disabled

1 Like

Thank you @jg80. Looks like in the other ticket there are a lot of pictures of the configuration. I'll take a look and get back to you when I have an answer for this issue.

I discovered the problem in my app. There was an included module which referenced other resources not defined in the environment.

I would have been happy with even a message like "module $moduleName is disabled for $environmentName"

1 Like

@apurcell I'm glad you've figured out the issue! I've also found the root cause why the message is incorrect. I've put up a fix for it so from next week, the error message should be more helpful in pointing out which resource is missing an environment.

Screen Shot 2024-03-29 at 12.57.32 PM

2 Likes