Workflow using Test Values

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run my ReTool workflow, but it keeps using the Test Parameter values. I'm running the Workflow from my application using the below value and it shows up as 'TEST' in the workflow history.

The actual UUID value:
Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 12.41.33 PM

The Workflow using "Test" as the actual value

try going into the settings for the UGO DB resource, I haven't used this one before, but I think you should see
or something similar. trying enabling 'Disable converting queries to prepared statements'. not sure if this will fix it for you, but worth a try :man_shrugging:

Sorry I should've mentioned i'm not hosting my data on ReTool, i'm using a postgresql database.

the setting should be at the bottom there also:

I appreciate your help on this matter, but I'd rather not disable that feature. SQL Injection becomes a concern at that point and I'd just rather not deal with that.

@joeBumbaca @Tess Would you guys be able to help out here?

Hi @jeevenugo I can try to do some testing! Are you triggering the Workflow from the app with a rest query or the Workflows integration?

:thinking: I haven't been able to reproduce this issue yet.

Any chance you could share an export of the Workflow?

Did you double check the latest version of the Workflow was deployed?

Thanks!

Hi @Tess Thanks for taking a look, the issue doesn't seem to appear anymore, nonetheless, I've attached the workflow json.
UGO Insert Company.json (16.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @jeevenugo,

Thanks! I'm glad it's working for you now. I see in your screenshot that you're not triggering the workflow from another workflow* but I wanted to give you a heads up that it looks like we have a bug where the test values are used if the workflow is triggered by another workflow and that other workflow is using JSON workflow params (using Raw params instead of JSON should be a workaround):

Maybe what you were running into is related :thinking: Keep me posted if you notice it again

1 Like

Hi @Tess .

We've a workflow that for some reason 'Test JSON Parameters' is overriding the raw JSON passed in via a webhook trigger. What's more the workflow was working as expected in production; using the JSON payload inside startTrigger.data as expected. However, all of a sudden the workflow now ONLY uses the test parameters, even when the required payload is passed in (nothing has changed).

Unfortunately I can't export the workflow here as it contains sensitive credentials. If you'd like to take a look I can possibly duplicate it and remove the sensitive parts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liam

Hi @liamrohan thanks for chiming in! Sorry to hear this is happening :disappointed:

I haven't been able to locate your account - could you confirm which plan you're on (Cloud or self hosted)? If self hosted, which Retool version #?

Yes, if you can share any version of the workflow it could help us try to reproduce the issue. Keep mind that resources don't work in exports, so I won't be able to query any resource data. Also, could you share one of the Workflow Run Ids from the logs?