Unable to connect to Google Analytics

Hey there,

When I enable the Google Analytics option in Advanced Settings, then attempt to add it as a resource, Google blocks retool with this message:

This app is blocked

This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access.

Unchecking "Share Google Analytics credentials between users" produces the same result.

Is there a way to use the GA integration without resulting to allow "less secure apps" in Google? (I have 2FA enabled so this is not an option)

Hey @jordie :wave: Thanks for reaching out! It looks like there may be some helpful info here on unblocking Retool: https://support.google.com/a/answer/7281227?hl=en#zippy=

Could you try reviewing this apps access to see if that changes anything?

@jordie you can add Retool as a configured app. Go to your configured apps, choose Add App, and OAuth App Name Or Client ID. Search for Retool and select their listings. When you authenticate again you'll see Retool is no longer blocked, and it will ask for permissions to access your GA services.

1 Like

Thanks @myktra !

Hi all,

I tried to log in to my admin account but it seems like, there is no such account. I don´t understand... I haven a google analytics and google cloud account connected but don´t seem to have an admin account. Can anyone help?

Once again, I clarified we are not using Google Workspaces and so we don´t have an admin account for pur domain. Is there a way I can access the "self hosted" version of the API as seen in your documantation?

Hi, is there a solution without Google Workspaces?
Because unfortunately the GA-connection does not work for me.

Hey folks! For anyone who stumbles across this thread I just want to mention that, at the moment, we don't have a solution without workspaces. Google has recently implemented stricter blockers on third party apps, so if you're using a personal email you're likely to see this error.