Table Dropdown forces alphabetical sorting for numbers

Noticed a potential bug: a dropdown field embedded in a table uses alphabetical sorting for its values which puts "2.5" after "15" and "5" after "20". However, a standalone dropdown respects user-defined order of its values.

Problematic dropdown embedded in a table:

Great catch @tytakoff! Can you share a screenshot of the dropdown column settings (e.g. values and labels)?

@justin I had the dropdown's values dynamically pulled from the input like
{{JSON.parse(datainput.value)}}

however, simply hard-coded values behave same way:

Cool, thanks for the info @tytakoff. I’ll file this one with the engineering team!

1 Like

Hey @tytakoff,

Just wanted to step in here and let you know this has been fixed! :tada: Dropdown columns will no longer auto-alphabetize their values.

Let us know if you’re running into any other bugs, and thank you for surfacing this one!

2 Likes

Looks like the Tag (dropdown) column type has the same issue. We returned on the deprecated dropdown one as workaround.
Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 18.02.49
Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 18.03.05

Hi @Gaerdy, Thank you for flagging this for us! I've reported this to our engineering team and I'll post any updates on the issue here.

Hi @Gaerdy, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that this issue of the tags column sorting numbers as strings has been fixed on cloud! If you're self-hosting Retool, this fix should be released in an on-prem version in the next two to four weeks.