[Standalone form - not Web/MobileApp] Can't run query in standalone form

I am writing to seek assistance with configuring dynamic select fields in standalone forms on Retool. Below are the details of my issue:

Goal

I aim to create a standalone form that dynamically retrieves and displays all distinct values from the city column in an existing SQL table (availabilities - sheet1). The expected behavior is that the select field in the form will be populated with these values, allowing users to select a city from the available options.

Steps

1. Created a new standalone form in Retool.
  2. Added a dropdown/select field to the form.
  3. Attempted to configure the dropdown field to retrieve data dynamically from the SQL table.
  4. Consulted the Retool documentation and support resources to find a solution.

Despite these efforts, I have not found an option to use SQL queries as a dynamic data source for the select field in standalone forms. This functionality works in forms integrated into web and mobile applications but appears to be missing for standalone forms.

Details

• Components Used: Standalone form, Dropdown/Select field
  • SQL Table: availabilities - sheet1, column city
  • Expected Behavior: Dropdown field should dynamically list all distinct values from the city column.
  • Current Behavior: No option to configure SQL queries as a data source for the dropdown field in standalone forms.
  • Retool Version: [Specify if self-hosted and version if applicable]

Screenshots

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to your guidance on resolving this issue.

Hey there @Theo_Souverain :wave:

Thank you for sending all this information-- very helpful for us!

Can you confirm what component you are using for this? Is it a "Select" component or something else?

Also, under the "Column" dropdown after you select your availabilities (23) resource - what are your options? Does it show any columns to choose from? If it's not showing any options, can you send the schema of your availabilities (23) resource?

Just noting that we also have a feature request in our backlog for integrating additional queries & JS scripts into Retool Forms. We'll follow up here if it ships