Slow app self host

Hi i feel my app very slow

Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom see this video, what i could be doing wrong? im using self host and postgresql. All retool db is on a postgresql external one but in same country.

retool is on: 12 CPUs x 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF
16gb ram
the postgresql is on 12 CPUs x 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF
8gb ram version 16

they are diff vm but in same bare metal its ok? or should i go back to have all in retool own postgresql db docker in same machine?

I can share my jsons app they are two

Hey @agaitan026 Can you share what you feel is slow about your app? Is it initial load time? A specific query? Any additional information would be helpful, thanks!

1 Like

not sure how to show you, i better share json maybe? or share app via DM

@agaitan026 Without access to the resources etc I won't be able to see the app in action. Can you share what you feel is slow about your app? Is it initial load time? A specific query?

yeah initial load, what im thinking is to add delay to each query,

timeline:

Yes, a large number of queries running on app load will increase load time. We have some docs here on best practices.

1 Like

so: consider having them run when inputs change or manually.

its faster having query run when input change? i thought that was slower

i can give you access in dm user and password, its a test env so no worries

i got my app like this

so basically when user go to that app, should load everything at once, what i did for tabs is only run specific query when im in the tab for example #2

They query runtime shouldn't really vary when it's set top run when inputs change or manually. If the issue is that the app is taking a long time to load, then reducing the number of queries that run on page load will help.

1 Like

but if i have some queries configured as when input changes they will load on start my app or im wrong

for example this queries are tet when input changes but still run when i start my app

Correct, when a query is set to run on input change it will run on app load. As the doc I sent you mentions, you can set the query to run when manually triggered and then used the watched inputs to run the query automatically when certain inputs change.

1 Like

yeah i tried to reduce but still i feel it slow, i can send you by dm test access to my app? thank you