Setting up Airtable as a resource using a PAT

• Goal: Configure Airtable as a resource using a personal access token

• Steps: I've tried looking at the old documentation (using the Airtable API), but Airtable deprecated the API in Feburary 2024 and now required a PAT or OAUTH to link a resource using the REST API option in Retool.

• Details: I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to translate the API instructions to getting set up with a PAT. I can easily generate an Airtable PAT, but I'm not sure what the Retool field values should be when setting up the resource.

• Screenshots: No screenshots necessary at this time, but I can upload some if anyone asks.

Hi there, @aar0 ! :wave:

Welcome to the Retool community!

I'm curious if the thread below from another community member will help you set up Airtable as a resource? He provides a ton of screenshots and a workaround for getting set up with Airtable despite the depreciated API.

How to connect to AirTable via OAuth?

It looks like we have a request to get these docs updated and if you bookmark that thread, you can refer to it to see when those docs are updated.

--

If you get to a point where you have more questions, feel free to send screenshots and any specific questions and we'll be here to help. :blush: