Retrieving results from Athena resource throwing errors

Hi Team,

I work for Perspectum Ltd and have a paid retool version under the account techops@perspectum.com

As part of a new project, we are trying to present Application load balancer logs via retool interface and encountering the below errors when attempting to read records from Athena

One of the below errors are seen every time I perform a Run or Preview Operation

1. invalid JSON response body at http://172.20.16.162:80/api/runQuery reason: Unexpected token E in JSON at position 0

2. http://172.20.16.162:80/api/runQuery failed, reason: socket hang up

The s3 bucket holding Athena query results is rightly getting updated with the results every time I perform a "Run" operation from retool App. Running the same query in Athena console takes 18 seconds odd to show the results and as the next step, my plan is to add partitions and reduce the query time for the select operation.

However, I see the "timeout" in retool console is 120 seconds, and the Athena query result even though it takes 18 seconds(definitely needs fixing) seems well within retool 's limits.

Can you please advise how to fix this issue?

@arthiarumugam

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your query?

Hi,

Please find them below

Hi Team,

Following up on yesterday's conversation I have enabled partitions on the Athena Table that has significantly reduced the time taken to process queries.

Please find screenshots showing the response when query against the partitioned data was executed in Athena and retool

Retool still failing to show the results

@arthiarumugam

Thank you for the screenshots! I am unable to reproduce this sort of behavior. If you run a basic query using a different table are you getting the same errors? Or just a select count(*) from einstein_prod_public_alb_logs.alb_logs?

Can you also share a little more about what you mean when you say: "The s3 bucket holding Athena query results is rightly getting updated with the results every time I perform a "Run" operation from retool App."?