OAuth 2.0 Resource not prompting user to authenticate

I have configured a Resource that connects to Google Drive. When I manually use the "Connect with OAuth" button on the Resource, it successfully prompts me to complete the consent flow, and the Queries using the Resource work.

However, when I load the App that use the Queries and Resource, the user is not prompted to complete the consent flow.

I have enabled the "Enable an auth verification endpoint" option, and when I use the "Check authentication status using current credentials" it correctly fails, yet the App does not prompt the user to authenticate.

I have read:

1. Authenticate with Google APIs using OAuth 2.0 | Retool Docs
  2. Google API authentication | Retool Docs
  3. Configure API authentication | Retool Docs
  4. Using OAuth 2.0 to authenticate resource
  5. Are OAuth2 resources supposed to prompt users for authentication?
  6. Oauth 2.0 - How to prompt user for login? - #7 by ivorysteve

I have tried:

1. All the options under Prompt (Consent, Login, Select Account)
  2. Use Client Credentials Flow

Have I misunderstood the statement "You can add an Auth verification endpoint to determine whether to prompt a user to authenticate when they open apps using the resource. " or have I done something wrong in my resource configuration?

I ended up implementing the Auth button and connecting it with the Google Drive resource, and publishing my application.

The published version of the application does pop up the "Google Drive / REST API - Needs authentication" modal - so I'm wondering if perhaps the behaviour is different between the published App and the App during editing - because I cannot get the modal to appear during editing.

Following! @Retool_Moderator is this the expected behavior?